When it comes to packing for a family vacation, getting the kids involved can be a great way to make sure everyone is on the same page – and that nothing gets left behind. But what are the best travel backpack options for kids of all ages? For younger children, a small backpack with their favorite character on it can be the perfect way to get them excited about packing – and can also double as a carry-on bag for all those essential items. Older kids travel backpack, on the other hand, may prefer something a little more grown-up – like a small rolling suitcase or duffle bag. No matter what your child’s age or preferences, there are plenty of great travel backpack options out there to choose from.
Here are a few of our favorites:
For toddlers and preschoolers:
- The Skip Hop Zoo Pack Little Kid Backpack is perfect for younger children, with its cute animal designs and roomy interior.
- The Carter’s Plush Unicorn Backpack is perfect for carrying all of your little one’s essentials, and they’ll love the soft plush material.
- The Stephen Joseph Quilted Unicorn Backpack is another great option for carrying everything your toddler needs, with a colorful design that they’re sure to love.
For elementary-aged kids:
- The Lands’ End Canvas Classic Backpack is durable and roomy enough to hold everything from schoolbooks to art supplies – and comes in a variety of fun colors and patterns.
- The Jan Sport Big Student Backpack is a popular choice for elementary-aged kids, with plenty of room to store textbooks and other school supplies.
- The Sock Monkey Rucksack from Pottery Barn Kids is perfect for carrying everything your child needs – and they’ll love the adorable Sock Monkey design.
For tweens and teens:
- The High Sierra Swerve Backpack is perfect for older kids, with a sleek design and plenty of space for textbooks, laptops, and other electronics.
- The Herschel Little America Backpack makes a great carry-on bag for longer trips, with its stylish design and roomy interior.
- The North Face Borealis Backpack is perfect for carrying everything your teen needs, whether it’s for school or a weekend getaway. No matter what your child’s age or travel needs, there’s sure to be a perfect backpack out there for them. So get packing – and enjoy your next family vacation!
Advantages of kids having their own travel bags
There are plenty of advantages to getting your kids their own travel bags – especially if you’re planning on taking a family vacation. Not only will it make packing easier for you, but it can also help your kids feel more involved in the process. And if they have their own bag, they’re less likely to try and sneak extra items into yours!
Plus, having their own travel bag can help teach kids how to be responsible for their belongings while on vacation. If they know they’re responsible for carrying their own bag, they’ll be more likely to keep track of everything – and less likely to lose important items like passports or plane tickets.